Supported Living at HSs
Our aims at HSS is to provide a safe, warm and nurturing environment with a high standard of care and accommodation for children. We strive to ensure excellent delivery of care across the board. Specifically, we at HSS aim to:
- Provide a physically safe and comfortable place to live, and to safeguard and promote the welfare of each child.
- Provide consistent and reliable staff, modelling and ‘good parenting’ to support and encourage children within our care.
- Ensure that all the key developmental areas of health, education, emotional and behavioural development, family and social relationships, identity, selfcare and social presentation are addressed in the planning for each child.
- Listen to and respond to children’s concerns and encourage them to express their views and opinions. Ensure each child’s rights and individual needs are respected.
- Facilitate positive experiences and constructive use of free time. Encourage children to participate in social and leisure activities.
- Encourage children to plan and work together towards household decisions regarding activities, decoration of the house, purchase of equipment, house rules and sanctions etc.
- Work towards positive outcomes with children, their parents, carers social workers and relevant others.
- Facilitate contact between the children and their family, friends and other relevant people.
- Welcome visitors to the home.
- Work in accordance with relevant policies and procedures