We understand at Holistic Support Services, that the transition to adulthood and independence can be a stressful and anxious time for young people leaving supported living or residential services.
That’s why, in order to provide a continuity of care, we offer a step-down outreach programme for all our young people entering adulthood and into private tenancy accommodation.
An evaluation, with full participation from the young person, key professionals and/or family members, will be completed prior to the young person moving on to independent living, which will highlight their strengths, abilities and further development needs.
This will enable us to devise a package of support bespoke to the individual, and our staff can continue supporting the young person whilst they acclimatise to independent living in their new home. Packages can include:
- Budgeting support (for bills and finance as well as weekly outgoings)
- Personal hygiene
- Cooking, eating and nutrition
- Home management and safety
- Personal growth, awareness and problem solving
- Access to the community
- Health care e.g. medication, planning and attending health appointments.
* Please note, this service can only be provided for young people already within our care.